Hiding the course summary

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning,  @pyyu  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I have some great news for you!  I'm not sure if you regularly follow the Canvas Release Notes that are published each month, but in the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-18528-canvas-release-notes-2020-03-21 document, the ability to hide/remove the "Course Summary" section in your course Syllabus is coming!  In fact, if you want, you can see how this will work right now by logging in to your school's "beta" environment.  How do I access the Canvas beta environment as an instructor?‌  So, all of us have to wait just a couple more week (March 21, 2020), and then we'll be able to toggle the "Course Summary" on/off as needed.

I hope this helps...please let us know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning,  @pyyu  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I have some great news for you!  I'm not sure if you regularly follow the Canvas Release Notes that are published each month, but in the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-18528-canvas-release-notes-2020-03-21 document, the ability to hide/remove the "Course Summary" section in your course Syllabus is coming!  In fact, if you want, you can see how this will work right now by logging in to your school's "beta" environment.  How do I access the Canvas beta environment as an instructor?‌  So, all of us have to wait just a couple more week (March 21, 2020), and then we'll be able to toggle the "Course Summary" on/off as needed.

I hope this helps...please let us know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

0 Kudos
Turtle

Ack, it's Jan 2022 and I need to know how to hide the course summary that my course is showing from the content I imported from a two year old version of the course. How can I turn the darned course summary off until I revise those modules?

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @Turtle …

When you edit your Syllabus, there is a check-box available to show the summary or not.  Here’s the Guide you need to look at:

How do I edit the Syllabus in a course? - Instructure Community

Hope this helps.

SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

Yes, I always turn off the Course Summary. I don't see the need to overwhelm my students with a long list of assignments.

One thing to note: If a Quiz (or Assignment or Discussion) is published, but in an unpublished Module, that item will show up in the Course Summary.