Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgordon2
Community Participant

Highlight Tool Issues in DocViewer

Jump to solution

I am having the issues with the Highlight tool:

1. I need to click several times on same the text to actually get Canvas to start highlighting the text. 
  2. Occasionally, the wrong text (to the left or right of where my curser is) or even the entire document is highlighted.
  3. When I try to select text, sometimes the document text can become super small so it is unreadable
  4. When trying to select text, I am sometimes brought back to the previous page

This happens on both Mac and Windows, in Chrome and Firefox.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this issue? It is inconvenient when you have several midterm or final papers to grade.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Caryl Gordon

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awilliams
Community Champion

Hi,  @cgordon2 . I would recommend contacting Canvas support since troubleshooting this could require the collection of technical information that only they will have access to.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
awilliams
Community Champion

Hi,  @cgordon2 . I would recommend contacting Canvas support since troubleshooting this could require the collection of technical information that only they will have access to.

View solution in original post

cgordon2
Community Participant

Thanks, Adam! One of our instructors called Instructure support and was told to use either Chrome or Firefox, which we are all using. So, I don't think they have a workaround. I was hoping someone else, outside our University, was also experiencing these issues and had a workaround. Thanks again and stay safe!

jill_hawkins
Community Participant

I am experiencing this issue. The highlighter works at first, then grabs too much text. The cross-out tool is also sporadic and too high over the text.