cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksilfvin
Community Participant

Highlight feature in Speedgrader

Jump to solution

The "Highlight" feature represented by a marker icon no longer seems to be highlighting when i grade a text. Instead, it actually blocks out the section that I need to highlight - it is in an opaque rather than a transparent color. I absolutely need this feature to be a highlighter! How can I get this feature back? Thanks!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rachel_cunneen
Community Member

Update: I downloaded the latest version of Chrome to my Mac and the highlight function now works. Using Chrome is a bit of a pain but the issue is now resolved - for me.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @ksilfvin ...

One of our instructors brought this to my attention today.  I, too, am experiencing the same issue where the text cannot be read after highlighting it in a document within SpeedGrader.  I was using Chrome v67 at work.  Strangely, my co-workers on another campus could see the text behind the highlights just fine...and they also have the same version of Chrome that I do.  I then reached out to the Help Desk staff at Instructure.  They told me it is a local issue on individual computers.  You'd want to make sure that your browser version is up-to-date.  At home, I use Chrome v68, and I can see the text behind the highlights.  At work, I was also able to see the text using either Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer.  So, if your browser is not up-to-date, that's the first thing I would try.  Hope this helps, Kim.

ksilfvin
Community Participant

Hi, Chris,

Thank you for your tips. I tried updating Chrome, but that didn’t help. I can use SpeedGrader better on this particular computer if I use FireFox, though – so thanks for that tip. The IT department at my college is going to take a look at my computer to determine just why this feature isn’t working properly in Chrome, especially since it used to.

Thanks, again!

Kim Silfven

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ksilfvin ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

ksilfvin
Community Participant

?Yes, thank you!

ksilfvin
Community Participant

?Yes, Thank you!

ksilfvin
Community Participant

?Yes, thank you!

kalinowb
Community Member

I have this problem too.  Ironically, there is no button for me to say "I have this question too" next to the text that says, "No one else has this question."  So frustrating!  

I am using Safari 13.0.1 on a MacBook Air.  

Hi Barbara - That button goes away when a question is marked "Assumed Answered" or "Correct". Because you also have the question, I removed the label. The button is now active.

ksilfvin
Community Participant

FYI, this issue definitely has NOT been resolved – after a few minutes of using Speed Grader, the tools on the toolbar do not respond, especially the highlighter tool and the line drawing tool, and the strikeout, too.