cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khinson
Community Member

Highlighter in Speed grader is opaque in Firefox version 88 released April 2021

Yesterday morning, I updated my firefox web browswer. When I tried to use the Speedgrader function afterwards, I noticed that the highlighter obliterated my text - as if it a marker rather than a highlighter. The text isn't visible underneath the highlighter now.  The newest version of Firefox,  version 88.0 was released earlier this week. I have an iMac at work and I have my personal laptop. I haven't updated the browser on my laptop and the highlighter is fine. I updated the desktop and the highlighter doesn't work.

Options? Suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
8 Replies
vluevano1
Community Member

I have the same issue. Just confirming khinson's bug report.

cindy_bily
Community Member

I'm having the same trouble on both my computers.

jonespm
Community Member

Tested here too. Was fine in 87 and fine in the current Extended Support Release. 

It's broken in Firefox 88 and 89beta. 

It looks like there's could be something changed with the fill-opacity on the svg <g> container. For instance on this element which is the area that's highlighting if I change the fill-opacity to something lower (like 0.5) it looks better. I'm also not sure if this is a Canvas bug or a Firefox bug. 

<g role="presentation" fill="#FCE680" fill-opacity="1"><rect x="4" y="4" width="587.7150000000001" height="31.5"></rect></g>

phillips_rhodes
Community Member

We are receiving reports of the same issue here. Luckily, the highlights are viewable in Chrome without issue, even if they were made in the new Firefox version.

jmerriam
Community Contributor

I'm having the same issue...is it a problem with Firefox, or with Canvas?? Either way, I'm not willing to have to switch to Chrome every time I need to grade an assignment. This needs to be addressed and fixed!

Tags (1)
gpillsbury
Community Participant

Confirming here as well. I've opened a ticket.

jmerriam
Community Contributor

Just wanted you to know that the highlighter is once again working as a highlighter...except that the yellow is so faint that it's hard to see on the page. Any chance of making it brighter (more like what it was before)?

gpillsbury
Community Participant

Thanks for follow up that it's working again.  I agree that the yellow is pretty faint, at least compared to what it was.  The blue seems to be the best option for now (imo).