cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckluse
Community Participant

Home Page Cuts Off

Jump to solution

When I create a home page, it displays fine in the "pages" view, but as the Home Page the top 25% (approximately) is cut off and students can not view. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something incorrectly with the Home Page?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ckluse
Community Participant

Damon;

Thank you for the response, I contacted Canvas help and here is how it was resolved:

"There were two <h1> tags in the HTML that caused the issue.  A class attribute was used to modify the missing text.  The class attribute value was "page-title".  I This class attribute is used by Canvas to suppress the display of text on the Home page.  I removed the class attribute and the text now displays."

Thanks

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies
d_ellis
Community Contributor

What are the contents of the home page - is it just text, or are you using images, tables, or design elements with a fixed width? Does the top get cut off in different browsers, on different computers, or on the mobile apps? Is the top completely gone, or can you scroll up to reveal it?

I know that the right sidebar on the home page display does tend to reduce the width of the page compared to viewing it via Pages, but that's a reduction in width and not height Smiley Happy

ckluse
Community Participant

Damon;

Thank you for the response, I contacted Canvas help and here is how it was resolved:

"There were two <h1> tags in the HTML that caused the issue.  A class attribute was used to modify the missing text.  The class attribute value was "page-title".  I This class attribute is used by Canvas to suppress the display of text on the Home page.  I removed the class attribute and the text now displays."

Thanks

Chris

View solution in original post