cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ggutierrez
Community Member

Home page

Jump to solution

I'd like to add a course description and a graphic to the course home  page. Any one know how to do  this?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ggutierrez ​, here are some course guides that should help with what you're trying to do!

In addition, here are some great resources created by Community members - Creating an inviting course home page & Home Sweet Homepages without Tables

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ggutierrez ​, here are some course guides that should help with what you're trying to do!

In addition, here are some great resources created by Community members - Creating an inviting course home page & Home Sweet Homepages without Tables

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

josh_emmitt
Community Contributor

Hi,

Do you mean the Syllabus page? If so then this is probably your home page, which you can check by following this guide: How do I change the Course Home Page?. Once on the page you need to click on "Edit syllabus description" on the right hand menu. From there you can enter text and pictures as you like. Just remember that if you upload any pictures they will also appear under "Files", and you may want to restrict their access if you only want students to be able to view and not download them.

Additionally there are a few guides on the forums which can help to make an inviting home page. This one by stefaniesanders​ is helpful Creating an inviting course home page and these ones by me can help you to make picture buttons Creating a "button" oriented syllabus page​ and add a pdf that opens automatically Embedding a pdf in the rich content editor​.

Hope this helps,

Josh