cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sachssm
Community Participant

How Do I Display Announcements by (Delayed) Date?

Jump to solution

Hi.

In transitioning to Canvas from another course management system (Etudes) in which I had numerous (about 50) Announcements scheduled to appear on various dates throughout the semester, I first copied and pasted each of them as a individual, new Announcements.  Although I scheduled a few of them when they should appear (using Canvas' delaying feature), I scheduled most of these Announcements (temporarily) all on the same date.  My idea was to go to that date later, as I continue preparing my first-time Canvas course, to re-set the delayed-display date for each one to the date it should actually appear.

I have been trying to find a way to see all Announcements scheduled for a particular date only (the date where I set most of them temporarily), and I haven't been able to see how to do that.  My hope that I could see them on the Calendar was dashed.

If you could help me, it would be quite nice.

Thanks.

. . . Steve Sachs

LAVC

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@sachssm ​, unfortunately announcements are sorted by date created, not publication date. :smileycry:

My recommendation would be to vote and comment on this feature idea - - and promote it to others! It needs more votes (at least 100) to even be considered by Canvas.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@sachssm ​, unfortunately announcements are sorted by date created, not publication date. :smileycry:

My recommendation would be to vote and comment on this feature idea - - and promote it to others! It needs more votes (at least 100) to even be considered by Canvas.

View solution in original post

sachssm
Community Participant

I voted for it the moment I became aware of it, thanks to you.

Nice that you helped. This would be a truly time-saving feature.

Thanks.

. . . Steve Sachs

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yes, it definitely would!