cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmelvin
Community Member

How Do I Stop Canvas Messaging

Jump to solution

I really like using Canvas during class. My students like it too but there are a few of them who are distracted by its messaging feature. They will receive messages during class to their inbox. Does anyone know of a way to disable this feature during class?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mmelvin ​, unfortunately no, there isn't a way to easily disable messaging for a class and then re-enable it. My students are on computers most of my class as well so at the beginning of the semester we talk about appropriate uses of technology while in class and trying to learn. No, it doesn't fix everything, but having an open conversation about it and why it's not a good idea (students miss important information and could be distracting other students) seems to help.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mmelvin ​, unfortunately no, there isn't a way to easily disable messaging for a class and then re-enable it. My students are on computers most of my class as well so at the beginning of the semester we talk about appropriate uses of technology while in class and trying to learn. No, it doesn't fix everything, but having an open conversation about it and why it's not a good idea (students miss important information and could be distracting other students) seems to help.

View solution in original post