cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ityukhov
Community Member

How I can grade final exam? How to activate final exam (52 points)?

Jump to solution

How I can grade final exam? How to activate final exam (52 points)?

I can not grade final exam. I tried to activate it as assignment in module mode but it does not work/

Can we add (have ) 16 week and 17th for final?

thanks 

Igor 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @ityukhov .  If you have a teacher role in a class, then you should be able to go to the grades tab and enter grades for the exam there (see How do I use the Gradebook?), or from the assignment itself access the SpeedGrader (How do I get to SpeedGrader from an assignment, quiz, or graded discussion?).  By activate the assignment do you mean publish it?  If so, then this document describes how you can publish an assignment from the modules tab, although it sounds as though you may have attempted this already, https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10114-4152180497 

It appears as though this question was posted a few days ago, so you may have already determined a solution, but if you are still having trouble I would suggest that you contact Canvas Support or the Canvas support group at your own institution.  It could be that there is a role or course setting that is interfering with you ability to enter grades.  Either of these groups should be able to look at your class specifically and provide advice on the best way to resolve the problem.  Someone at your institution may also be able to answer the question about having 17 weeks as this may depend on your polices.  It wouldn't work at my institution, for example, because our calendars are already set for the year.

I hope that this helps and your problem is fixed soon.  Best wishes!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @ityukhov .  If you have a teacher role in a class, then you should be able to go to the grades tab and enter grades for the exam there (see How do I use the Gradebook?), or from the assignment itself access the SpeedGrader (How do I get to SpeedGrader from an assignment, quiz, or graded discussion?).  By activate the assignment do you mean publish it?  If so, then this document describes how you can publish an assignment from the modules tab, although it sounds as though you may have attempted this already, https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10114-4152180497 

It appears as though this question was posted a few days ago, so you may have already determined a solution, but if you are still having trouble I would suggest that you contact Canvas Support or the Canvas support group at your own institution.  It could be that there is a role or course setting that is interfering with you ability to enter grades.  Either of these groups should be able to look at your class specifically and provide advice on the best way to resolve the problem.  Someone at your institution may also be able to answer the question about having 17 weeks as this may depend on your polices.  It wouldn't work at my institution, for example, because our calendars are already set for the year.

I hope that this helps and your problem is fixed soon.  Best wishes!

View solution in original post