How are you collecting payments/enrolling students in Canvas courses?

Jump to solution
todd
Community Explorer

I offer self paced licensing courses where we need to collect tuition when someone registers. I currently use WooCommerce/Authorize.net for payment which creates accounts in Podio (My customer management system) and handle registrations/accounts inside Canvas mostly in a manual way.

I've explored Canvas Catalog (Which is way too expensive given a few hundred registrations a year) and I realize not too many people are using Canvas currently to sell individual courses, but I'm wondering the setup other people selling individual courses are using? I ask because I just don't see a lot of e-commerce type systems on the front end of Canvas.

Examples:

Are you using partners like GoSignMeUp as a pseudo student information system?
Are you using a full blown student information system with payment/registration capabilities?
Are you pushing payments/registrations to an external database which is creating accounts automatically in Canvas?
Are you connecting your existing programs through custom connections? (IE In my case developing custom code with a Podio developer) 

I'm trying to streamline things, but since there's not a low cost built in payment system inside Canvas, I'm just trying to think long-term and would like to hear other people's opinions/examples of what they are doing/why.

Todd

1 Solution
todd
Community Explorer

@John_Lowe   Thank you for letting me know what you are using. I'm still in investigative mode, but really do appreciate your input. I'd like to use Canvas Catalog, but for low cost courses ($30 for 3 hours of CE) it's just not financially feasible to spend a large chunk of tuition just on registration.

View solution in original post