cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aracelydiaz-oje
Community Member

How can I access documents my professor uploads?

Jump to solution

When I try to open a document my professor has uploaded, it says I do not have the authorization to do so. It says my login info is incorrect. How can I access it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @aracelydiaz-oje  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  There are a couple things I can think of that your instructor may need to take a look at on his/her end.  First, it's possible that your instructor has accidentally linked to a file in another course that you don't have access to.  It would make sense that you'd be seeing an error on your end if this was the case.  Second, it's also possible that your instructor has properly linked the file in your course, but he/she has set some of the viewing/permission properties on the file which makes it not accessible to you.  My recommendation to you would be to contact your instructor to let him/her know that you (and probably other classmates, too) are having issues downloading these files.  To do this, click on the "Help" button on the left hand side of your Canvas environment, and then click on the link for "Ask Your Instructor a Question".  Here is a Guide with more information on this: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10554-4212710328 

Good luck to you, Aracely!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @aracelydiaz-oje  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  There are a couple things I can think of that your instructor may need to take a look at on his/her end.  First, it's possible that your instructor has accidentally linked to a file in another course that you don't have access to.  It would make sense that you'd be seeing an error on your end if this was the case.  Second, it's also possible that your instructor has properly linked the file in your course, but he/she has set some of the viewing/permission properties on the file which makes it not accessible to you.  My recommendation to you would be to contact your instructor to let him/her know that you (and probably other classmates, too) are having issues downloading these files.  To do this, click on the "Help" button on the left hand side of your Canvas environment, and then click on the link for "Ask Your Instructor a Question".  Here is a Guide with more information on this: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10554-4212710328 

Good luck to you, Aracely!

View solution in original post