cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gordana_sjosted
Community Member

How can I add my other child to my parent canvas account?

Jump to solution

I have two children in the same high school but only our daughter shows up on my account. Is there a way for me to add our son, like I used to be able to do with ParentAccess? Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi!

Your son will need to provide a Pairing Code for you.

He can follow the steps in this lesson: How do I generate a pairing code for an observer as a student? 

After you have the code, you can follow the steps in either lesson: How do I link a student to my user account as an observer? OR How do I link additional students to my account in the Canvas Parent app? 

Last year, I wrote Clarity for Canvas Observers, and I included a few tips on managing accounts which observe multiple students. I hope it's helpful! 

If you have any follow-up questions, please let the Canvas Community know! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi!

Your son will need to provide a Pairing Code for you.

He can follow the steps in this lesson: How do I generate a pairing code for an observer as a student? 

After you have the code, you can follow the steps in either lesson: How do I link a student to my user account as an observer? OR How do I link additional students to my account in the Canvas Parent app? 

Last year, I wrote Clarity for Canvas Observers, and I included a few tips on managing accounts which observe multiple students. I hope it's helpful! 

If you have any follow-up questions, please let the Canvas Community know! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Thank you so much! You made my day 🙂

Hi Kristin - when my son logged into his canvas account and followed the instructions for obtaining the pairing code, there was no option for 'pair with observer' at all. Any thoughts?

That part will be in YOUR account. After you have his pairing code, he's done! Smiley Wink

This lesson will help: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10915-4144237751