Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbishop3

How can I change the order of classes in the dashboard

Jump to solution

How is the dashboard organized. I would like to change the order so the classess I'm in the most appear first.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
heather_stockfo
Community Contributor

Dashboard courses are ordered alphabetically by course name and your role in the course; nicknames and course codes do not apply to course ordering. Courses with instructor roles are listed first, followed by TA roles and student roles.

Note: If you want to remove the default course card setting, you can customize the course list and manually select your favorite courses to display in the Dashboard. When you favorite at least one course, the Dashboard will only display favorited courses. Canvas will also continue to automatically favorite new course enrollments.

I find color coding them helps me easily and quickly choose the classes I use most.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
heather_stockfo
Community Contributor

Dashboard courses are ordered alphabetically by course name and your role in the course; nicknames and course codes do not apply to course ordering. Courses with instructor roles are listed first, followed by TA roles and student roles.

Note: If you want to remove the default course card setting, you can customize the course list and manually select your favorite courses to display in the Dashboard. When you favorite at least one course, the Dashboard will only display favorited courses. Canvas will also continue to automatically favorite new course enrollments.

I find color coding them helps me easily and quickly choose the classes I use most.