cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cedenod1
Community Member

How can I change the points of a imported class?

Jump to solution
Hello!
 I just imported my old course from Spring, and was hoping to change the points of the tests and assignments. However, I have not been able to. They seems to be pre-set from my old course. It's a lot of information to create from scratch. Is there a way to change the points even when the course was imported?
#imported
#canvas
#points
#grades
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Side note, if you are trying to change the point value of a quiz in Canvas you can only do so by altering the point values of your quiz questions. 

Also, are these assignments from a third party took? Like textbook publisher assignments? I've seen those not allow people to change their point value. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Diana:

I course copy from term-to-term every term and have not encountered this, Are you  using the settings for the assignments and quizzes? Could you add a screenshot of what you are seeing in an assignment or quiz settings page?

Kelley

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Side note, if you are trying to change the point value of a quiz in Canvas you can only do so by altering the point values of your quiz questions. 

Also, are these assignments from a third party took? Like textbook publisher assignments? I've seen those not allow people to change their point value. 

View solution in original post

cedenod1
Community Member

Hello,

Yes, I have to change the points in each question and not the test as a whole! It is my test (I created it) so I should be good...thanks!