How can I edit

Jump to solution
kohnc
Community Novice

I have just logged in to Canvas fro the first time and am watching the tutorial. I am trying to edit a subject for which I am a coordinator but I can't find the edit box - it seems not to be where it should

1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi kohnc Welcome to the Canvas Community and to Canvas!

If by "Subject" you mean a course that is housed in Canvas, then you do not edit the subject. Instead, you edit the individual content items in that Canvas course - pages, files, assignments, quizzes, discussions etc.

I strongly recommend that you become familiar with the Canvas Instructor Guide, it will be your best friend - okay, maybe this Community will be your best friend, you decide!

You might also find this very helpful Getting Started with Canvas in 10 Steps - for Faculty which was developed  @karen_pinto ‌

And finally, Canvas Basics Guide - Table of Contents 

I should add that you must also have course edit permissions at least equal to that of a teacher.  If you do not see the Edit option for content in a course, then you do not have permission to edit and will need to contact your Canvas admin to get that permission.

As you develop specific questions, please come back and ask them! That is what this Community is for!

Kelley

View solution in original post