cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sara_chronister
Community Participant

How can I embed a PowerPoint show?

I know how to upload powerpoints to Canvas but currently, my students must download the PPT in order to view it.  I just made a PowerPoint show and uploaded it but I want to embed the file so my students can watch it in Canvas instead of having to download it.  I have the file uploaded into my Files section.  How can I made it be embedded rather than a link to download it?

42 Replies

And you can do it without using and embed code if you add the PowerPoint to your #module as an external tool‌ or a file.

If you have the Office_365_integration‌, when adding an item to your module you can select External Tool. Choose Office 365, select file and add it to your module.  The downfall with this is that you cannot have anything else on the the page because you cannot edit the page that opens with the PPT presentation. 

How do I add an external tool as a module item?

If you do not have an Office 365 account / integration, when adding a module item select File. You can upload a PPT or select it from your course files. The downfall once again is that you cannot add anything else to the page where students will view the PPT.

How do I add course content as module items?

Both of these methods allow me to scroll back and forth through the slide show.  The first option has forward / backward arrows to click at the bottom of the presentation while the second option has the arrows at the top of the presentation.

karen_bowden
Community Participant

Solution without resorting to Google or OneDrive or O365 is to:

1. Insert the file.

2. Select the file link.

3. Select Link options.

4. Automatically open in-line preview.

linkoptions.jpg

karen_bowden
Community Participant

Just trying to help. This seems to be a common question. Solution without resorting to Google or OneDrive or O365 is to:

1. Insert the file.

2. Select the file link.

3. Select Link options.

4. Automatically open in-line preview.

linkoptions.jpg