How can I import a course file from my college Canvas platform into my Teacher Canvas platform when I do not see an "import file" option in the Teacher Canvas Platform?

Jump to solution
info86
Community Novice

I exported a Canvas Course (file type is imscc) that I developed at a college where I teach. Now I want to import it into my teacher canvas platform where I will modify it for other nonprofit use.  I have the course file among my files in the teacher canvas platform, but I cannot preview it or open it as a course.  Also, I tried sending the file to the New Course folder, but it only became a file in that course that also would not open.  So, my problem is that I cannot open the course file whatsoever in my teacher canvas platform.  

Moreover, the HELP Section tells me to use "Settings" and Import the course file.  However, my Settings Section in the teacher canvas platform does NOT have an IMPORT FILE selection.  

So, how can I import the course file properly so that it will open in my teacher canvas platform as a course?    

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bobby2
Community Champion

Hi  @info86  Thank You for your question.

This does sound unusual. 

I'm assuming you have followed the instructions here 

Then

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12785-415241323 

If that isn't working:

Perhaps you could try using Commons? First you could create a group in Commons - just for you How do I manage Groups in Commons? then save your course there How do I share a course to Commons? Then import your course to your new course shell How do I import and view a Commons resource in Canvas? 

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes