cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradshaw_avery_
Community Member

How can I merge my courses?

Hello,

I am an elementary school Art teacher. Because I am an Art teacher, and not a general education teacher, I teach Grades 1st through 5th.  In Canvas, I have a site set up for each grade level.  However, each grade level is divided into more separate courses based on students' homerooms (Art 1: Section 1, Art 1: Section 2, etc.).  

While I see how it could be beneficial, each class of each grade has a mix of each homeroom, and each class follows the same syllabus, does the same assignments, etc.  

Since I do not see my students by homeroom, and each class does the same thing anyway, I feel like it would be pointless for me to create the same course site 4 times for each grade level.  Is there any way I can merge them, so that instead of having multiple sections for each grade level, I just have one course for each grade level? I.e. just Art 1 for every student, instead of Art 1 Section 1, Art 1 Section 2, Art 1 Section 3, Art 1 Section 4?

Thank you in advance!

2 Replies
vanzandt
Community Champion

Cross-listing sections might be what you're looking for.

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10885 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @bradshaw_avery_ ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because we haven't heard back from you since you first posted this question on February 20, 2018.  Have you had an opportunity to review the feedback and Guide link that you received from vanzandt a day later?  If so, did his response help to answer your question?  Or, do you still have some outstanding questions as it relates to your above posting?  If you feel that Todd has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark his response as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some assistance with this question, please let us know by posting a message below.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for almost four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Avery.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.