cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mritter
Community Member

How can I print an empty grid with student names for writing grades?

Jump to solution

I need an empty grid with names so I can record them on paper before I record them digitally. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @mritter  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  I think the easiest thing for you to do would be to download a copy of your course gradebook as a CSV file and then open it in Excel.  How do I export grades from the Gradebook?  Once you have the file open in Excel, you may need to do a bit of editing within the file to remove any data and/or columns you do not want.  Then, you may also need to modify the spreadsheet so that it prints a grid of rectangles for each student/assignment you want included on your paper copy.

Hopefully this will work for your needs.  Please let the Community know if you have any additional questions about this.  Thanks Mark!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @mritter  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  I think the easiest thing for you to do would be to download a copy of your course gradebook as a CSV file and then open it in Excel.  How do I export grades from the Gradebook?  Once you have the file open in Excel, you may need to do a bit of editing within the file to remove any data and/or columns you do not want.  Then, you may also need to modify the spreadsheet so that it prints a grid of rectangles for each student/assignment you want included on your paper copy.

Hopefully this will work for your needs.  Please let the Community know if you have any additional questions about this.  Thanks Mark!

View solution in original post