cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michelle_pattis
Community Member

How can I put my references in APA format?

My instructor wants references in our discussion posts in APA format. I cannot figure out how to get it to stay. I get it formatted properly and once I hit post it changes. I have to edit it over and over again and still can't get it right. Is there a trick to this?

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@michelle_pattis , if you are referring to hanging indents, then there isn’t a good or easy way to make this work in Canvas. There have been a few different discussions on how it can be accomplished, but this one is probably the best -  https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/6235" modifiedtitle="true" title="APA Formatting.

Overall it’s not easy though and you might want to double check with your Instructor to see how they expect you to format the APA citation correctly in the discussion.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @michelle_pattis ...

I have been reviewing older topics here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on February 21, 2018.  It looks like  @kona ‌ replied to you a day later.  Have you taken time to review Kona's response and the link that she provided?  Did her response help to answer your question?  Do you have any other questions as it relates to posting in APA format for your discussion topic?  If you feel that Kona's response has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark her response as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some assistance with this question, please come back to this thread to post an update for Community members so that someone might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for almost four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Michelle.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!