Jump to solution
garfiee
Community Novice

I deleted a file I'd like to recover if possible

3 Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@garfiee , greetings! In order to help, we need to know if you are a teacher or student in the course? If you are a student, then you probably will not be able to recover the file. If you are a teacher, then there are a couple of questions to work through.

Did you delete the file from Modules, a page, or from Files? If it's from Modules or a Page, then the file should still be in your course in Files. If you deleted the file from files, then you'd want to try the "undelete" trick. For this, go to your home page and add /undelete to the end of the URL and click enter. For example, for my course it would look like this - https://richland.instructure.com/courses/2570299/undelete

What this will do is bring up all the recent things you've deleted from your course (I think it goes back 25 items) and you'll have the option to "restore" any of these items to your course. 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

kmeeusen
Community Champion

Thank you!!!!

Betsy

The goal of a quality education is to get students to walk across the threshold of complexity without walking across that space with them. - unknown

View solution in original post

0 Likes