cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rramirez
Community Participant

How can I remove Inbox from view in Canva?

Jump to solution

Hello, I want to be able to track only one site all correspondence from my students.  I have little time to be keeping an eye in several places.  So, I would prefer to keep my school's email address as the way students can reach me, because in one site I can check everything (not only my students' emails).  So, does any one know how to remove from view Inbox (and everything else linked to Inbox) in Canvas? 

Thanks, Ruben D. Ramirez

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @rramirez , and welcome to the Canvas Community! A user cannot disable the Canvas Inbox or remove it from view. Keep in mind that even if you were able to do so in your own view, all of your students will still have the inbox available to them--not only for your courses, but for all of their other courses--and they will undoubtedly be using it.

You can choose never to look at the Canvas Inbox, though. You can have all of your notifications (for messages and submission comments, for example) sent to the external email address of your choice, and you can manage most of your messaging with your students directly from there. Please refer to How do I set my Canvas notification preferences?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @rramirez , and welcome to the Canvas Community! A user cannot disable the Canvas Inbox or remove it from view. Keep in mind that even if you were able to do so in your own view, all of your students will still have the inbox available to them--not only for your courses, but for all of their other courses--and they will undoubtedly be using it.

You can choose never to look at the Canvas Inbox, though. You can have all of your notifications (for messages and submission comments, for example) sent to the external email address of your choice, and you can manage most of your messaging with your students directly from there. Please refer to How do I set my Canvas notification preferences?

View solution in original post

rramirez
Community Participant

Thanks Stefanie,

I'll try to have all the messages sent to my external email instead. This would solve the issue I have with this function.

Thanks,

Ruben D Ramirez