(as opposed to all quizzes)?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @Steiner_CHS ...

Based on this older thread, Solved: How do I share a "New Quizzes" quiz to the Commons... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com..., it looks like when New Quizzes are shared to Commons, they are actually shared via the "Assignments" page rather than the "Quizzes" page in a course.  (I was getting an error message when I was trying to share a New Quiz to Commons via the "Quizzes" page of my sandbox course.)  So, when I was in Commons and filtering my search, I had to filter by "Assignments", and then I had to know the name of the quiz or use tagged keywords in my search to find what I was looking for.  You might also try using the words "new quiz" in your search results...assuming that the folks who shared their content to Commons also included these words in their metadata for the shared resource.

Hope this helps a bit!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

@Steiner_CHS ...

Not all schools that use Canvas have migrated over to New Quizzes yet.  As an example, our Tech College hasn't made New Quizzes available to our faculty...as we are still working on the communication and training pieces...and when we'll be enabling things.  This is purely speculation on my part, but my guess is that there may not be as much for New Quizzes in Canvas Commons because New Quizzes is still "new" to many people (though development of New Quizzes has been going on for a number of years now).  People that are just getting their feet wet with New Quizzes might be more concerned about getting their existing current Classic Quizzes migrated to New Quizzes rather than sharing things to Canvas Commons.  Interestingly, if you just type in "new quiz" for your search in Canvas Commons, lots of things do come up in the search results...but people could name their quizzes whatever they wanted...not factoring in if it is truly using the New Quizzes interface.  You could certainly suggest including New Quizzes in the filters for Canvas Commons, though.  Idea Conversations - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Anyway...my $0.02 for what it's worth.  Have a good rest of the day!

View solution in original post

0 Likes