cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksilfvin
Community Participant

How can I view and import rubrics from one course to another?

Jump to solution

I do not want to have to reinvent the wheel by having to recreate a rubric for one course that I have already created for another course. How can I view and import rubrics from all courses to other courses?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ksilfvin ...

Re-inventing the wheel isn't always fun.  Thankfully, you can import rubrics easily from one course to another.  In fact, I just helped an instructor do this today at our Technical College.  You'll want to use the Course Import Tool for this.  Check out this Guide: How do I select specific content as part of a course import?.  Keep in mind that when you begin the course import process to import your rubrics from one course to another, you'll want to be logged in to the course that the rubrics will be copied into (the "destination" course, if you will).  Then, selecting specific course content, you'll be able to choose the rubrics that you want to copy from the previous course to your current course.  Once you have completed this, you'll then go to your "Outcomes" page.  From there, click on the "Manage Rubrics" button at the top right corner of the page.  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12891-4152724105   You should be able to see the rubrics that you just imported from your previous course.  Once you've confirmed that, then you can start adding those rubrics to assignments that you've already created in your course.  How do I add a rubric to an assignment? 

I hope this information has been helpful to you, Kim.  Please let the Community know if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ksilfvin ...

Re-inventing the wheel isn't always fun.  Thankfully, you can import rubrics easily from one course to another.  In fact, I just helped an instructor do this today at our Technical College.  You'll want to use the Course Import Tool for this.  Check out this Guide: How do I select specific content as part of a course import?.  Keep in mind that when you begin the course import process to import your rubrics from one course to another, you'll want to be logged in to the course that the rubrics will be copied into (the "destination" course, if you will).  Then, selecting specific course content, you'll be able to choose the rubrics that you want to copy from the previous course to your current course.  Once you have completed this, you'll then go to your "Outcomes" page.  From there, click on the "Manage Rubrics" button at the top right corner of the page.  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12891-4152724105   You should be able to see the rubrics that you just imported from your previous course.  Once you've confirmed that, then you can start adding those rubrics to assignments that you've already created in your course.  How do I add a rubric to an assignment? 

I hope this information has been helpful to you, Kim.  Please let the Community know if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

ksilfvin
Community Participant

I can do all of those steps, but it doesn't allow me to complete the final step and actually import the stuff I need...

ksilfvin
Community Participant

?Thank you - disregard my previous email - I got it to work - just a slow computer!

Can this be done with courses that have concluded? I can import an assignment from a concluded course, but the rubric that went with that assignment does not show up.