cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tgitter
Community Participant

How can I view the data for a quiz that is set to allow multiple attempts? Is there a way to view this data through the lens of a whole class rather than going into each individual student's account to see this?

For a quiz that is set to allow students to have multiple attempts, is there a way for the teacher to be able to view all of the students at one time with the data on each attempt. For example, I would like to be able to see when the student completed the first attempt along with the score as well as the subsequent attempts. Currently, I can go into each individual student's account to see this, but it would be more efficient for me to see this information generated in one place. I am hoping that this function exists and I am simply missing it.

2 Replies
mzimmerman
Community Champion

Hi Tiffany,

If you go to the Quiz and select Quiz Statistics > Student Analysis in the upper righthand corner, you'll get a spreadsheet with all the students' attempts, including answers for each of the questions.  However, I'm not sure if the Student Analysis gives results for all question types, or just multiple choice and true/false.  (There is a guide that mentions it, but it's very vague about the Student Analysis report:https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13037-415241484 )

Mike

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @tgitter ...

I'm reviewing some of the older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question. I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on March 7, 2019.  It looks like  @mzimmerman  provided a response for you later that afternoon.  Have you had an opportunity to review Michael's feedback?  If so, did his response help to answer your question?  If it did, please consider clicking the "Mark Correct" button next to his reply.  However, if you are still looking for some help with this question, please let us know that as well by posting a message below.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we have not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over six months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Tiffany.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.