cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ltrampleasure
Community Participant

How can a student/parent see a color-coded report of Outcomes assessment?

Jump to solution

So, we teachers can see a nice color codes analysis of student progress on outcomes:

292479_pastedImage_1.png

I have not been able to find a way for students to see this type of report. All I can find in Student View is:

292480_pastedImage_2.png

The ✓, +, 0 are nice, but this still requires students to open each Outcome...the teacher interface is much cleaner.

Does anyone know if it is possible for students to see a color-coded view of their progress?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi leetramp,

Thanks for the information. One way you may wish to approach this would be with a Feature Idea in the Canvas Studio‌ space.

You could propose how you would like this to work and champion it with other community members to help gain visibility and see if other people wish to have a change in behaviour too.

I hope that helps!

Stuart

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ltrampleasure
Community Participant

This problem has become even worse. Now students/parents don't even see the  ✓, +, 0, just Mastered on Not Mastered. We need to be able to let students/parents know the gradation of their lack of mastery.

295788_pastedImage_1.png

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi ltrampleasure,

I wanted to check in as I noted that your question seems to have the community a little stumped. Were you able to find an answer to your question possibly through some of your own additional sleuthing?

If you found a solution that solved this, it would be great to hear from you how you did (as this will help anyone else that finds your question in future).

Cheers,
Stuart 

leetramp
Community Participant

Hi Stuart,

Sorry, no luck on this end. It was so bad that I gave up using Outcomes for 2nd quarter, and just went back to points. I'm going to try to combine both systems in the spring semester, but I'm afraid most students won't bother looking at the Outcomes but just look at the 'grade.'

Maybe someday this will be fixed, but it doesn't seem to be a priority for Canvas 😞

Lee

Hi leetramp,

Thanks for the information. One way you may wish to approach this would be with a Feature Idea in the Canvas Studio‌ space.

You could propose how you would like this to work and champion it with other community members to help gain visibility and see if other people wish to have a change in behaviour too.

I hope that helps!

Stuart

View solution in original post

0 Kudos