cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gwied
Community Participant

How can assessment questions be linked to learning outcomes?

Jump to solution

Currently, the only way I know of to "map" exam or quiz questions to Learning Outcomes is to put some kind of shortcode into the text of the question itself. Questions should have a data field to contain Outcomes information (just as question type and point value are also data fields). 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KelleyMeeusen
Community Participant

Hi @gwied 

With Classic quizzes you cannot map outcomes to individual question items, just to the entire exam, which is pretty much useless.

In New Quizzes, you can do this, and the following guide lesson will tell you how: How do I align an outcome to an assessment question in New Quizzes? 

This comes with a caveat, outcome alignment to a question item in New Quizzes, only persists in the quiz, and will not copy to an item bank, nor can an outcome be mapped to a question item in an item banks. I know, again rather useless. However, I did find a request for this feature in the Idea Conversations area that you could support; go to Allow Adding Outcomes to Individual Questions in Item Banks.

Good luck,

Kelley

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KelleyMeeusen
Community Participant

Hi @gwied 

With Classic quizzes you cannot map outcomes to individual question items, just to the entire exam, which is pretty much useless.

In New Quizzes, you can do this, and the following guide lesson will tell you how: How do I align an outcome to an assessment question in New Quizzes? 

This comes with a caveat, outcome alignment to a question item in New Quizzes, only persists in the quiz, and will not copy to an item bank, nor can an outcome be mapped to a question item in an item banks. I know, again rather useless. However, I did find a request for this feature in the Idea Conversations area that you could support; go to Allow Adding Outcomes to Individual Questions in Item Banks.

Good luck,

Kelley