How can students know which section they are in, without using the People tab?

Jump to solution
ErnestoFe
Community Member

Students are asking which Section they are in, but nowhere on my homepage is that information found. We do not use the People tab and prefer to use the Participants Profile tab by Peerconnect. Thus I wanted to know if a student's section could be a tab shown on their homepage. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@ErnestoFe -

As far as I know the only indication is from the people tab.  However, a work around would be to make an assignment group called Section and then put an assignment in it called Section with 0 points and do not count towards grade.   You would Then just assign their section to the grade.

Interestingly enough you can create a grading scheme for an individual assignment, so for the assignment choose letter grade and then create a grading scheme called section with entries like the following:

Annotation 2022-03-02 170220.jpg

 For that assignment, chose the grading scheme Section and then for their grade you can type in section 1, section 2 or section 3 - Of course this means that the instructor has to do all that work, but a simple download of the csv to excel and copy paste and you are done - you will have the students actual section in the download, so easy enough to set up and do

Then in their grade book they will see their section for the grade as 0 (section 1) , 0 (section 2), 0 (section 3) I am not sure why I can't put in the numeric grade of 85 and have it populate to section 2 - I just get 85 and the student sees 85.  The 0 shows up for all sections entered below is a student view.

Annotation 2022-03-02 170700.jpg

View solution in original post