How can students view each others' assignment submissions?

Jump to solution
rachael_gorton
Community Novice

My students have been posting photos of their work as their assignments (teaching crafts), but they all want to be able to see (and possibly comment on) each others' submissions as they've all produced different things and can be inspired by each other. I have noted the 'peer review' option, but this seems to assign particular assignments to be visible to particular students - unless I've misunderstood it.  Is there a way to open the assignments up in a less formal way?  I've also tried setting up the submission as a discussion so that people can see and comment on each others' work, but this didn't work well either, as people have to download the attached photos, rather than viewing them online (making it too slow a process) and learners have found they are only able to submit one photo per discussion post.  What's the best way around this please?

0 Likes
1 Solution
rpsimon
Community Contributor

This is a great question which I have asked in the past as well.  That is correct, you won't be able to do it in the Assignments.  What you can do to make this happen is use the Discussion tool and create a discussion.  The students will then be able to post/submit their content there and provide feedback on others' as well if you would like for them to do so.  Unfortunately, you might just have to ask them to submit the content again through the Discussions tool, but it really shouldn't take much time.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes