cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhaderlie
Community Member

How can you copy an announcement to another Canvas course?

Jump to solution

How can you copy an announcement to another Canvas course?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @bhaderlie .  Announcements will copy from one course to another when importing a course.  You can also select to import only announcements during the import process.  The steps to copying a course is described in this document, How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool? 

If you copy announcements, you may be interested in the discussion on this page as well as it describes how to prevent these all from being visible to students when the course is published, Announcements copied from a previous course.

I hope this helps and best wishes! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @bhaderlie .  Announcements will copy from one course to another when importing a course.  You can also select to import only announcements during the import process.  The steps to copying a course is described in this document, How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool? 

If you copy announcements, you may be interested in the discussion on this page as well as it describes how to prevent these all from being visible to students when the course is published, Announcements copied from a previous course.

I hope this helps and best wishes! 

View solution in original post

Thanks Eric. Great info and after playing around with it it seemed to work well.

The only glitch was with the BYUI version, as a TGL for the university it listed ALL B380 courses from Fall semester that I supervised also, as in:

"For me, when I was selecting the course to copy, it was interesting as a TGL, because all of our Canvas B380 courses were also there in the list--all with the same name, ha! Which is which I wondered.....

Ya, I tried the first one and it was Jedd's (I think since he had section 02. So I knew I was section 03 so I selected that one and it was me--the correct one."

(I couldn't snip a screenshot of the list since it was a pop-up).

Regards,

Brother Brian Haderlie

336-202-0587

https://byui.zoom.us/j/6431748863Links to an external site.