cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamisond
Community Participant

How close is Grade Pass Back with Infinite Campus?

Jump to solution

How close is Grade Pass Back with Infinite Campus?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jamisond
Community Participant

Chris,

Thanks for checking in. Canvas says they are ready for Infinite Campus's grade pass back, but IC is waiting on pass back standards from a 3rd party vendor. We will continue to wait patiently:)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jamisond ​...

I am sorry to see that your question has been here in the Community unanswered since mid-September.  Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you.  However, I'll share your question with the Grade Pass Back​ group here in the Community with the hopes that your question will get some additional exposure.  I hope this is okay with you, Dustin.  Good luck!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jamisond ​...

Checking in with you because it has been just over one month since my last reply to you.  Have you been able to come up with any solutions to your question on your own?  If so, could you please share those by posting a message below?  If you are still looking for assistance with this, please indicate that as well.  Looking forward to hearing back from you, Dustin!

jamisond
Community Participant

Chris,

Thanks for checking in. Canvas says they are ready for Infinite Campus's grade pass back, but IC is waiting on pass back standards from a 3rd party vendor. We will continue to wait patiently:)

View solution in original post

rislis
Community Champion

I have had several conversations with Canvas staff members regarding this topic. We need to strong-arm Infinite Campus to move forward with this. Although not as rich of a Community as we know here, I have posted a question on the Infinite Campus Community. You should, too! Infinite Campus Community

darin_johnson
Community Participant

Last fall Infinite Campus announced they had made Schoology a Grading Services Partner: Infinite Campus Selects Schoology as a Grading Services Partner. Is Canvas looking at becoming a Grading Services Partner? 

I have been all over Infinite Campus to make this happen and they have been pretty terrible to work with. They are too busy trying to sell everyone their new Campus Learn LMS. Canvas has been working with Kimono for these integrations and Infinite Campus just announced Kimono as a Grading Services Partner: Infinite Campus Selects Kimono as a Grading Services Partner · Infinite Campus  

So maybe we'll see something happen now. Everything was supposed to go through OneRoster but Infinite Campus is going to charge their users for Campus Learn just to use the OneRoster API. So you have to buy their LMS to use the (far better) LMS you already have. It's pretty ridiculous. I highly recommend you let your outrage be known on the Infinite Campus forums as I have. 

Also, Infinite Campus only officially supported assignment-level grade passback through OneRoster starting with the 1801 update that was released last week. So there hasn't really been any platform through which Canvas could attempt to try grade passback for assignment-level grades.

rislis
Community Champion

I  am crossing my fingers that we are getting closer!  More info on the Kimono & Canvas / IC partnership - https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/11/28/1207171/0/en/Infinite-Campus-Selects-Kimono-as-Gra...