cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sachssm
Community Participant

How do I See All Announcement Titles with their Dates in One Display?

Jump to solution

I just imported a previous semester's contents into a new Canvas shell, including about 50 Announcements.  Without opening each Announcement individually, I can't see the dates that they are now scheduled to appear.  How do I do that, please?

NB:  I did adjust semester start and end dates during the import.

Thanks.

. . . Dr. Steve Sachs

Professor Emeritus

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobDitto
Community Champion

@chofer , I see the same thing Dr. Sachs reports with imported Announcements which took place in another course in the past.

@sachssm ​, unfortunately imported Announcements don't schedule to future dates, as can events or assignments when using the adjust events and due dates option​. At my institution, we've always found that it's necessary to edit, and if necessary delay posting​, each imported Announcement individually.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@sachssm ​...

When I look at the "Announcements" screen in my sandbox course, I can see the title of the announcements and the dates they were posted on the right.

announcements.jpg

Are you seeing something different in your course?  If I am not understanding your question, please let me know...thanks!

RobDitto
Community Champion

@chofer , I see the same thing Dr. Sachs reports with imported Announcements which took place in another course in the past.

@sachssm ​, unfortunately imported Announcements don't schedule to future dates, as can events or assignments when using the adjust events and due dates option​. At my institution, we've always found that it's necessary to edit, and if necessary delay posting​, each imported Announcement individually.

View solution in original post

sachssm
Community Participant

Chris, my inquiry is specifically for imported Announcements from a previous course, so Rob Ditto's reply is more to my issue.

Rob, I understand that your institution has the same problem, so I'm obviously not happy since there's so much more work to be done, but at least I see that I'm apparently not doing anything wrong during the import.

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

. . . SMS