cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbunag
Community Champion

How do I add a certificate to a Canvas Course?

Jump to solution

I would like to add a "certificate" of completion to a Canvas course.  I know this isn't natively available, but I seem to remember someone posting information on how to use Google Forms, embedded in Canvas, to do what I want.  If I recall correctly, all I would need to do is lock the Module holding the certificate form until participants have completed the course, and voila, certificate! 

But alas, I cannot find the area where someone posted the information on how to do this.  Before I go about re-inventing the wheel (again), I'm hoping someone can either provide their approach or point me to the hiding, previous post.  I think the existing post may have disappeared into Cold Storage.  Any help is much appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@tbunag ‌, I don't know if this is the exact resource you're seeking, but I bookmarked it when I spotted it because I thought it was a cool idea: "Hacking" Canvas Using G Suite  Let me know if it works for you!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@tbunag ‌, I don't know if this is the exact resource you're seeking, but I bookmarked it when I spotted it because I thought it was a cool idea: "Hacking" Canvas Using G Suite  Let me know if it works for you!

View solution in original post

tbunag
Community Champion

Yes!  That's exactly what I was looking for.  I couldn't remember where it was, and my elite, Canvas-Community searching skills failed me this time.  I'm bookmarking this, and I'll try it out ASAP.  stefaniesanders Thank You

Whew, what a relief that this was the right one,  @tbunag ‌! Your Canvas-Community search skills did not fail you. I don't think I even saw it here. I think I happened to spot it on Twitter and held onto the link. So you've now created a recoverable Community artifact. Smiley Happy

dwillmore
Community Champion

We use a badge to also show completion.  It is not a nice certificate though.

tbunag
Community Champion

David, I thought about a badge, but we're still working on our approach to badging as an institution, so the certificate is a little more appropriate at this point.  We are hoping to do badging eventually, so I'd love to see how you do badging for this.

rui_benfeitas
Community Member

(...3 years after) My apologies for raising this question again, but I'm wondering if any development has been done with regard to implementing automated issuing of course certificates or badges? Thanks in advance!