cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sheldonj1
Community Contributor

How do I add a "page" to my course as in a second modules page

I don't want to add a second modules page.

However, I thought that i might add something like "picture of the week" to coordinate with class stuff.

I went stepwise through the "how do I add a page" .......

Fortunately to a PREVIOUS class....

It was set to "redirect" to the home page and when I clicked "pages" i saw the home page....

Went through the instructions stepwise and delted all of the home page and the new title and an image were there instead.

so, just asking, fortunately it was a previous class.....

james

Tags (1)
17 Replies
sheldonj1
Community Contributor

Ok

Cut to the chase.

Does one have to PREcreate..... "the new page"? and THEN POSTbellum one goes to the pregenerated page?

BUT again.....the pre-generated page will replace the home page...

this is just going around one's back to get to one's elbow...

jamesjustsayin'sheldon

Good Morning James,

You can create pages from the modules area and then click into the page and edit it.  Or, you can go to the Pages view and create a new page from there.  Either way you can designate any page you choose as the Front page, or just keep the original Front page - either way works fine.

sheldonj1
Community Contributor

I just want to create a WHOLLY.....NEW......page.... which I would call "picture of the day" wherein I could place a picture. and that would be the temporary landing ( I guess home ) page for most of the semester.

That is very doable, James.  Let me know if you want to walk through it together in a screensharing session.

sheldonj1
Community Contributor

Hi

thanks

I don't know that a screensharing thing is necessary.

A set of clear steps with mention of what might happen if one does something "the opposite" or something should be sufficient.

james

Hey  @sheldonj1 

It really is simple, or can be.

• Go to your Canvas course,
  • Go to pages and click +Page,
  • Format that page however you like - I think you mentioned an image,
  • Save the page and and then set it as your "Front Page" by clicking the vertical row of 3 dots on the right,
  • Go to Home and on the right click "Choose Home Page", and then
  • Choose the option "Pages Front Page".

Then on what ever schedule you would like, simply click edit for that page, and change out the image you have posted.

Kelley

Hildi_Pardo
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I'm trying to understand the question / scenario.

What I think it is is a Home Page with a section with links to Modules,  AND a link to a stand alone Page for your "Picture of the Day".

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@sheldonj1 ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie