cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mzucal
Community Contributor

How do I allow for multiple submissions on an assignment for all students?

Jump to solution

I can't find away for faculty to allow for students to submit multiple times to an assignment

There has to be a work around for this.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mzucal ​, in Canvas students can submit to an assignment as many times as they want as long as the Assignment is open. There is actually no way to stop students from submitting multiple times to the same Assignment! Smiley Wink

On the instructor side of things this is discussed on the following guide - Can a student resubmit any Assignment? - "Students always have the option to resubmit their assignments. As an instructor, you can decide how to handle Assignment resubmissions."

On the student side this is kind of discussed on this guide - How do I submit an online assignment?. At the very bottom it states, "If you choose, you may resubmit another version of your assignment using the Re-submit Assignment button. You will only be able to view the details of your most recent submission in the Sidebar, but your instructor will be able to see all of your submissions."

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mzucal ​, in Canvas students can submit to an assignment as many times as they want as long as the Assignment is open. There is actually no way to stop students from submitting multiple times to the same Assignment! Smiley Wink

On the instructor side of things this is discussed on the following guide - Can a student resubmit any Assignment? - "Students always have the option to resubmit their assignments. As an instructor, you can decide how to handle Assignment resubmissions."

On the student side this is kind of discussed on this guide - How do I submit an online assignment?. At the very bottom it states, "If you choose, you may resubmit another version of your assignment using the Re-submit Assignment button. You will only be able to view the details of your most recent submission in the Sidebar, but your instructor will be able to see all of your submissions."

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

mzucal
Community Contributor

I figured they could but I just wasn't finding the information I needed.

Thanks