cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rstratto
Community Participant

How do I allow my students to view calendars after my course is published?

Jump to solution

This morning I put some calendar items together for one of my classes, which is published on Canvas. When I chose the "student view" option, though, the calendar events and assignments were not on the calendar. Does the student view not allow me to see calendar events or are my students also not seeing the calendar events? 

Thanks! 

Reed

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@rstratto , I just checked this on my own calendar as the Test Student and while I could see all of my actual assignments, discussions, etc. I couldn't see the "events" I had manually added to the calendar. When I went to double-check why the "events" weren't showing up to the test student, but they were for me, I realized I had accidentally entered my events to my personal calendar (Calendar with your name) rather than my course calendar! You can check this by click on one of your manually created events, click edit, and look to see which "Calendar" it's associated with (this is the last option on the box that pops up). If it's the wrong calendar then you can use the pull-down option to switch to the correct calendar. Once I went through and fixed it so my events were on the correct calendar, I then went in as my Test Student and everything (including Events) showed up as expected. 

Does this help at all?

Kona

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@rstratto , I just checked this on my own calendar as the Test Student and while I could see all of my actual assignments, discussions, etc. I couldn't see the "events" I had manually added to the calendar. When I went to double-check why the "events" weren't showing up to the test student, but they were for me, I realized I had accidentally entered my events to my personal calendar (Calendar with your name) rather than my course calendar! You can check this by click on one of your manually created events, click edit, and look to see which "Calendar" it's associated with (this is the last option on the box that pops up). If it's the wrong calendar then you can use the pull-down option to switch to the correct calendar. Once I went through and fixed it so my events were on the correct calendar, I then went in as my Test Student and everything (including Events) showed up as expected. 

Does this help at all?

Kona

View solution in original post