How do I automatically insert a mark of zero for a question marked out of zero?

r_w_kaye
Community Member

This is getting really annoying... please help!

I have a quiz assessment worth 10 marks.  All questions except one are automatically marked.  The one that isn't is a file upload question worth zero.  (It is there to give students a chance to practise such file uploads prior to these being very important later in the course.  By experience this practice is necessary as many students find file upload difficult in Canvas.)   There are 160 submissions for this quiz and I need to release marks now.

The "speedgrader" is unbearably slow.  This might be due to the server we use which can take a minute to respond to a keypress. Manually using this to enter 0 for each of the 160 students would take a whol afternoon.

How do I automatically mark the remaining question 0/0 to enable the quiz to be released?

I tried exporting the gradebook and removing all assignments but this particular one (the marks are there) and re-importing it. Canvas say no changes have occurred so refuses to do anything.  I am back to square one.

I tried posting the grades anyway, as the numbers in Canvas are correct.  Canvas says "no grades to post".

My boss is nagging me to do other work and I am *incredibly* busy.  Do I really have to say to him that we have a computer system that can't automatically insert the only possible mark it could be, and he needs to let me spend a whole afternoon doing this by hand?

Please help!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes