cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christina_hanss
Community Member

How do I bulk download video files from Studio as an administrator or instructor?

Jump to solution

How do I bulk download video files from Studio as an administrator or instructor?

/Christina

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @christina_hanss ...

I don't know of any way to do this.  And, even if this were possible in Studio, it would only be for original video content (non-YouTube) that has been uploaded to Canvas Studio...as you cannot download YouTube videos to your computer.

I know this might not be the answer you were hoping for, but I hope that it has helped to answer your question.  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @christina_hanss ...

I don't know of any way to do this.  And, even if this were possible in Studio, it would only be for original video content (non-YouTube) that has been uploaded to Canvas Studio...as you cannot download YouTube videos to your computer.

I know this might not be the answer you were hoping for, but I hope that it has helped to answer your question.  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
christina_hanss
Community Member

Thank you. This could be an issue if you are forced to change LMS 😞

/Christina

LuHan
Community Member

I face the same problem. Is it possible to add the bulk video download feature?

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @LuHan ...

If you want to see the functionality of Canvas Studio changed in some way (such as bulk video downloading), you'd need to submit that as a Feature Idea here in the Community website.  Keep in mind, as I stated in an earlier post (above), that you'd only be able to download videos that have been uploaded (original video content) to Studio.  I don't believe that Instructure would let you download any YouTube videos you've added to your Studio library...as you normally cannot do that on the YouTube site as a general user.  Here are some documents to get you started in the Feature Idea process:

I hope this will be of some help to you!

jkallenb
Community Member

Yes, this is cumbersome, especially because I have 60 videos, so every time I go to the folder I have to press "load More" 3 times to get to the video.  If we can grad videos from a folder in bulk, or access the videos underneath the "files" menu and download them that way, it would be a huge help.