How do I change a Course Name?

Jump to solution
HeidiNam
Community Novice

Hello,

I am trying to change the course name. I tried to go into 'Settings' and to Course Details. But, there is no option for me to change the course name. 

The course title is "Fall 2021 ISS Orientation Program" but, it should be changed to "Winter 2022 ISS Orientation Program."

Can you please help me? 

Best,

Heidi Nam

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @HeidiNam ...

I'm not sure what rules/policies your school has in place, but it does appear that your Canvas administrators have turned off the ability for instructors to edit course names on their own.  (We do this at our school, too.)  The course name may come directly from your school's SIS (Student Information System), and so it might be an "official" course name, though the vast majority of Community members wouldn't know this for sure because we do not have access to your course(s) or your school's Canvas environment.  I would recommend you have a conversation with our school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department.  They should be able to assist you further with this question.

Good luck to you!  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post