cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sabrams
Community Participant

How do I connect canvas to outlook???

Jump to solution

Can students use turn it in before submitting their final assignment to check their work?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @sabrams ...

Thank you for the clarification.  First, Canvas does not have e-mail.  It's called "Conversations" or "Messaging" (found via the Canvas Inbox).  So, you can send and receive messages through the Canvas Inbox to/from your students.  However, if you go to your Canvas profile, you can set it up so that you can receive notifications about various Canvas events via your e-mail account (which I assume is set up via Outlook).  So, for example, I may want to be notified via e-mail that an assignment has been submitted by a student and is now ready for me to grade.  So, with all that being said...here are a handful of Guides that should help...

First, you'll want to confirm that your e-mail address you use with Outlook is listed here:

How do I add an additional email address as a contact method in Canvas as an instructor? 

If it is not listed, then you can add it to your Canvas profile using the instructions in that Guide.

Once you have confirmed that the e-mail address is there, you'll want to go to your Notifications page:

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13111-4152719738 

You can then configure how you want to receive various notifications from Canvas that get sent to your e-mail address.

I hope this helps, Sandy.  Please let me know if if you have any additional questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @sabrams ...

I'm a bit confused by your question.  Your subject line is asking about connecting Canvas and Outlook, but the body of your question is asking about Turnitin.

Re: Turnitin, I would direct you to a blog written by  @dhulsey ‌ called Canvas and Turnitin.  I think what you're asking for is a way for students to first submit a draft that can be checked for plagiarism before submitting their final paper.  Dallas covers this here.

As for your question about connecting Canvas to Outlook...I think I need some additional information from you.  If you could come back to this thread to post some details on what you are trying to accomplish with this, that would be helpful.  Thanks Sandy!  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

sabrams
Community Participant

Oh Chris…I must of messed up when I wrote my question…sorry…I am trying to figure out how attach Outlook to Canvas emails…Sandy

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @sabrams ...

Thank you for the clarification.  First, Canvas does not have e-mail.  It's called "Conversations" or "Messaging" (found via the Canvas Inbox).  So, you can send and receive messages through the Canvas Inbox to/from your students.  However, if you go to your Canvas profile, you can set it up so that you can receive notifications about various Canvas events via your e-mail account (which I assume is set up via Outlook).  So, for example, I may want to be notified via e-mail that an assignment has been submitted by a student and is now ready for me to grade.  So, with all that being said...here are a handful of Guides that should help...

First, you'll want to confirm that your e-mail address you use with Outlook is listed here:

How do I add an additional email address as a contact method in Canvas as an instructor? 

If it is not listed, then you can add it to your Canvas profile using the instructions in that Guide.

Once you have confirmed that the e-mail address is there, you'll want to go to your Notifications page:

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13111-4152719738 

You can then configure how you want to receive various notifications from Canvas that get sent to your e-mail address.

I hope this helps, Sandy.  Please let me know if if you have any additional questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

sabrams
Community Participant

Thanx Chris!!! Sandy