Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
serpasme3487

How do I contact my professor through zoom?

Jump to solution

How do I use Zoom to virtually meet with my professor for office hours?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @serpasme3487 .  We are not using Zoom within Canvas at my institution, but there are a couple of places you might look.  First, you might try to see if any a conference is available in the Conferences tab of your class (this tab may or may not be visible).  Second, in the syllabus or on the Syllabus tab there may be information on where to access the Zoom link.  Third, on the homepage of your course there may be some information about Zoom office hours.  Fourth, it is possible that an announcement may include this information so you might see if there was an announcement sent in your class about office hours.  Finally, you could look in the Canvas inbox or your institutional email account to see if any information was provided here.  These are only a few places to consider as a link to a Zoom conference could be place on any page or in any module of a course.

Your best bet may be contacting your course instructor about the Zoom link.  The Community here is composed of fellow Canvas users from institutions around the world.  While great at answering many questions, we cannot see your class specifically to see where the Zoom link may be located.  Your instructor, a Canvas administrator at your institution or Canvas Support could look at your class and provide additional insight so these would be good folks to reach out to if you haven't found the link already.

Good luck and best wishes!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @serpasme3487 .  We are not using Zoom within Canvas at my institution, but there are a couple of places you might look.  First, you might try to see if any a conference is available in the Conferences tab of your class (this tab may or may not be visible).  Second, in the syllabus or on the Syllabus tab there may be information on where to access the Zoom link.  Third, on the homepage of your course there may be some information about Zoom office hours.  Fourth, it is possible that an announcement may include this information so you might see if there was an announcement sent in your class about office hours.  Finally, you could look in the Canvas inbox or your institutional email account to see if any information was provided here.  These are only a few places to consider as a link to a Zoom conference could be place on any page or in any module of a course.

Your best bet may be contacting your course instructor about the Zoom link.  The Community here is composed of fellow Canvas users from institutions around the world.  While great at answering many questions, we cannot see your class specifically to see where the Zoom link may be located.  Your instructor, a Canvas administrator at your institution or Canvas Support could look at your class and provide additional insight so these would be good folks to reach out to if you haven't found the link already.

Good luck and best wishes!

0 Kudos