cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emilyhobyu
Community Member

How do I course copy to a second Canvas account?

Jump to solution

I recently got a second job teaching at a different university. It's the same course, and they also use canvas, so is there a way to copy the content from one Canvas account to the other? From the first account to the new second accoutn? Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,  @emilyhobyu  Welcome to the Canvas Community! The quickest way to accomplish this is by using the course export-course import procedure described in these lessons:How do I export a Canvas course? and How do I import a Canvas course export package?  Briefly stated, you'd export the course from the first university into an .imscc file that you save on your computer, then import the .imscc file from your computer into the course shell provided by the second university.

Best of luck at the new school!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,  @emilyhobyu  Welcome to the Canvas Community! The quickest way to accomplish this is by using the course export-course import procedure described in these lessons:How do I export a Canvas course? and How do I import a Canvas course export package?  Briefly stated, you'd export the course from the first university into an .imscc file that you save on your computer, then import the .imscc file from your computer into the course shell provided by the second university.

Best of luck at the new school!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos