cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
young

How do I cross list courses and sections?

Jump to solution

How do I cross list separate courses or sections within the same course?  Like several other canvas guides, the canvas guide I found is outdated...the graphics do not match what shows on my current screen or refer to buttons/links that are no longer available.

1 Solution
bneporadny
Community Champion

Hi ROBERT,

I'm not sure what guides you found, but this one says it was last updated on 8/4/2018.

How do I cross-list a section in a course as an instructor? 

Brian

View solution in original post

5 Replies
bneporadny
Community Champion

Hi ROBERT,

I'm not sure what guides you found, but this one says it was last updated on 8/4/2018.

How do I cross-list a section in a course as an instructor? 

Brian

dking2
Community Contributor

I have the same problem.  The option to cross-list, (or de-cross-list for that matter) is not available after clicking on the course link as described.  Instead, a list of students in the course shows up.  

0 Kudos

Hello  @young  and  @dking2 ...

Per the Guide that  @bneporadny  linked for you, there is a note in the blue boxed area that says, "Cross-listing a section is a course permission. If you are an instructor and cannot view the cross-list options, this feature has been restricted by your institution."  However, if you have the "Cross-List this Section" button, then you should be able to do this on your own.  For example, if you have two course: Course A and Course B, and you want to cross-list them together so that all enrollments from both courses are listed in Course A, you'd want to log in to Course B and then follow the steps in the Guide that Brian linked for you.  I hope this helps, Robert an Donna.

dking2
Community Contributor

Thanks, Chris.  Last semester it was permissible but this time not.  Odd.  I guess I'll have to have go thru out IT guy to have it done.  I appreciate your explanation. 

dking2
Community Contributor

As it turns out the college does not allow instructors to cross-list their own classes anymore.  Thanks to all for the time and help!