cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bestna
Community Member

How do I delete a course permanently?

Jump to solution

I got added to a course for a minor I enrolled in, I have since been bombarded with notifications from this one course and un-starring it does not stop my phone and computer from lighting up with notifications from them multiple times a day.  I've seen the way for professors to delete courses, but as a student I should be able to prevent this from happening.  I still need to see notifications for all of my classes so I cannot simply turn off all notifications. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @bestna 

Your school's Canvas Admin/Support department (called by many different names) can un-enroll you from a Canvas course or inactivate your enrollment; but either way you will no longer have access to that course. I will also add that your school likely has policies related to this that might make them unable to help you, short of you officially dropping the course.

Unfortunately, those are currently the only options you have available to stop the notifications from a specific course. There is currently a feature ideas that might be helpful to you and others that you might want to check out and support at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/3663-notifications-by-course 

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @bestna 

Your school's Canvas Admin/Support department (called by many different names) can un-enroll you from a Canvas course or inactivate your enrollment; but either way you will no longer have access to that course. I will also add that your school likely has policies related to this that might make them unable to help you, short of you officially dropping the course.

Unfortunately, those are currently the only options you have available to stop the notifications from a specific course. There is currently a feature ideas that might be helpful to you and others that you might want to check out and support at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/3663-notifications-by-course 

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post