Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rpsimon
Community Contributor

How do I delete a group as an admin for an instructor?

I am the Canvas admin at my school.  I have actually seen a few questions here in the community related to this topic, but I have not yet found this exact question with an answer.  Please see the question that I received from a teacher:

How do I delete "Homeroom" from my dashboard? it is a class from 2 years ago.

I went into the instructor's courses and it appears that the Homeroom is actually a group instead of a class.  How do I remove or delete it?

Please see the attachments below.

6 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

rpsimon, the cleanest way to do this, assuming neither the instructor nor students needs further access to the course, is to conclude the course. That will maintain the course content as well as the group, but groups in concluded courses should not appear on users' dashboards. You'll find instructions in https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10863-4214718706 

rpsimon
Community Contributor

Thank you, but I am not seeing the option to do that.323098_Capture.PNG

You will not see that capability in the group, rpsimon‌. You'll need to be in the admin settings of the account and find the course in the Courses list to follow the steps in the lesson.

rpsimon
Community Contributor

Ok so I favorited courses, so now I am not seeing it there.  The group still appears, but it's not on the Dashboard.  I am going to notify the teacher and let him know if he's ok with the changes.  Thanks so much. Smiley Happy

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, rpsimon...

I am reviewing some older questions here in the Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not seen any new activity in this topic since September 4, 2019.  In reviewing this thread, it appears as though stefaniesanders‌ helped find a solution for you?  If so, would you please mark one of the above responses as "Correct" (even if it is your response) if you feel that it has helped to answer your question?  But, if you are still looking for some help, please let us know that as well by posting a note below letting us know how we might be able to help you.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for five months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Rebecca.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

rpsimon
Community Contributor

Thanks,  @chofer ‌!  I marked it as helpful.  Thanks for checking in!