Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tara_dawking1

How do I delete multiple pages?

Jump to solution

There is no option to select multiple pages. I have hundreds that need to go and it requires 3 clicks per page to currently delete. This is not effective. 

1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@tara_dawking1  

Within Canvas, it does take 3 clicks. If you want something more efficient, you need to use an external tool.

One such solution is a free Google Spreadsheet I wrote back in 2016: Bulk Publish / Delete Pages 

It loads a list of all of the pages and then you specify whether you would like to publish (1), unpublish (0), or delete (-1) each page and push the results back to Canvas.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
James
Community Champion

@tara_dawking1  

Within Canvas, it does take 3 clicks. If you want something more efficient, you need to use an external tool.

One such solution is a free Google Spreadsheet I wrote back in 2016: Bulk Publish / Delete Pages 

It loads a list of all of the pages and then you specify whether you would like to publish (1), unpublish (0), or delete (-1) each page and push the results back to Canvas.

James
Community Champion

Canvas has developed their own tool for bulk deletion of pages. It will be available with the August 15, 2020, release. More information is available in the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26924-canvas-release-notes-2020-08-15 .

0 Kudos