cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joel_mills
Community Participant

How do I delete multiple pages?

Jump to solution

I have imported some Commons content which has multiple pages and I have decided I dont want all of the pages. How do I delete multiple pages in one go without having to delete them one by one...?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brueckert
Community Champion

Hi Joel,

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any way to do this using the normal interface for Canvas; I don't believe it's possible. However, it would be possible to script something using the Pages API, having it loop through the Page URLs you don't want, deleting each in the process. If you're code savvy, take a look at the API documentation to see how you might do this:

Canvas LMS REST API Documentation

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong as this would be a handy little feature to have.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
brueckert
Community Champion

Hi Joel,

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any way to do this using the normal interface for Canvas; I don't believe it's possible. However, it would be possible to script something using the Pages API, having it loop through the Page URLs you don't want, deleting each in the process. If you're code savvy, take a look at the API documentation to see how you might do this:

Canvas LMS REST API Documentation

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong as this would be a handy little feature to have.

View solution in original post

@brueckert , I've shared the question with the Canvas Admins​ group so that it gets increased focus from people familiar with using the API.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @joel_mills ​...

Over in the Canvas Admins group here in the Community,  @James ​ wrote a document not too long ago called Bulk Publish / Delete Pages that you might want to take a look at.  Hope this helps!

joel_mills
Community Participant

What would be helpful if there was a simple check box next to each page in the list. Then I could select each page I wanted to delete and simply press a "delete" button to get rid of them all...

joel_mills
Community Participant

Really shouldn't have to script this.

Teachers should be able to do bulk tasks much more easily than they can currently.

Delete pages en masse, or duplicate pages, duplicate assignments, duplicate outcomes...

@joel_mills ​, a feature idea for the ability to is currently open for voting, and I suggest you describe your use case and add additional feedback in the comments section of that idea.

James
Community Champion

@joel_mills ​,

I wouldn't actually want a "delete" checkbox next to the name of each page as it would be too easy for someone to accidentally delete them and would clutter up the interface for something that isn't used often (you really only get to delete a page once). I could see that on a "Bulk edit" page, but not on the main page menu.

James
Community Champion

Canvas has developed their own bulk page deletion solution. It becomes available with the August 15, 2020, release. You can learn more about it in the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26924-canvas-release-notes-2020-08-15 .