cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hancuffj
Community Member

How do I email my whole class at the same time?

• Hi, I'm a new instructor to Canvas.  How do I email my whole class at the same time?
  •          Cody
4 Replies
josephclaytonha
Community Participant

Welcome to Canvas! You can do this through the inbox. Compose New Message, select your course, and then in the "To" select "All In Course." You can also differentiate by sections, groups, and roles. 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @hancuffj  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Here is a helpful Guide for you: How do I send a message to all course users in the Inbox as an instructor?.  Please note that Canvas technically does not use the term "e-mail".  Please check out this response from a past discussion for more details on the terminology: Sending email to students.  I hope this extra bit of information will be of help to you, Cody.

malendy
Community Member

Hi  @hancuffj ‌I generally use the announcements feature to do this in my Canvas course. I prefer this format over using the "inbox" because the message also lives in a space within the course, just in case students turn off notifications or do not check their student e-mails (This happens alllllllll the time). Feel free to review both links below for more information on using Announcements in Canvas.

Thank you!