cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
admin56
Community Member

How do I fix the QR code for a self hosted Canvas

Jump to solution

While trying to access the QR code for a self hosted instance we receive the following error:

doFetchApi received a bad response: 404 Not Found

Who could point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,  @admin56 ‌, after investigating this I discovered that the QR code functionality is not supported for open source installations, and we've updated the "code differences" section of our documentation to reflect that:  FAQ · instructure/canvas-lms Wiki · GitHub 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,  @admin56 ‌, after investigating this I discovered that the QR code functionality is not supported for open source installations, and we've updated the "code differences" section of our documentation to reflect that:  FAQ · instructure/canvas-lms Wiki · GitHub 

View solution in original post

admin56
Community Member

Hi Stefanie,

Thank you for following up.

In that case what would the billing model be for add-on modules in a self-hosted implementation.

Hi Jacques,

Unfortunately there is no billing model that would allow you to use this proprietary module in an open source, locally hosted instance of Canvas.

admin56
Community Member

Thank you sir.

Hello,

I have students getting the error message when trying to generate a QR code to log into the app.  I don't quite understand the solution posted here.  What exactly am I supposed to do?

@changoff  The solution posted here is specific to users who have created their own self-hosted instance of Canvas via open source, and almost undoubtedly does not apply to your situation. Your best course of action would be to report this to Canvas Support on behalf of the affected students (How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor? ).