cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n01402376
Community Member

How do I get Arc to work?

Jump to solution

I need to use Arc to record a video but it is not working. First I clicked webcam capture and allowed the site to use my camera and microphone but a box popped up saying "Something went wrong accessing your webcam." I tested my webcam on other sites and it works fine. I then tried using Arc on another computer. That time it let me record the video but when I clicked finished when I was done recording it wouldn't let me save. I clicked finished and the program closed. How do I fix it so that it lets me save my video or it is able to access my webcam?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @n01402376  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.

I, too, experience issues with recording video in Arc, but it's usually because I am logged into our VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) system at work.  For me, the work-around is to be logged off of VDI or to use my own personal computer at home.  Usually then, the webcam will work.  It sounds like you've also tried that, and since the Canvas Community wouldn't have access to your computer or your school's network, using a different computer that works with the webcam is probably going to be your best option.

As for saving your video, that should also be possible.  There are a number of written Arc Guides located here: Guides: Arc.  Also, there are a couple video Guides:  and .  I would recommend that you reach out to Canvas support if you continue to have difficulties getting your recorded video to save properly.  Here are a couple links for you: How do I get help with Canvas as a student?‌ or How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

I hope this helps, Rachel.  Please let the Community know if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @n01402376  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.

I, too, experience issues with recording video in Arc, but it's usually because I am logged into our VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) system at work.  For me, the work-around is to be logged off of VDI or to use my own personal computer at home.  Usually then, the webcam will work.  It sounds like you've also tried that, and since the Canvas Community wouldn't have access to your computer or your school's network, using a different computer that works with the webcam is probably going to be your best option.

As for saving your video, that should also be possible.  There are a number of written Arc Guides located here: Guides: Arc.  Also, there are a couple video Guides:  and .  I would recommend that you reach out to Canvas support if you continue to have difficulties getting your recorded video to save properly.  Here are a couple links for you: How do I get help with Canvas as a student?‌ or How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

I hope this helps, Rachel.  Please let the Community know if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post